Monday, February 23, 2009

loss

how many losses can we endure? how many lessons about the fragility of life are necessary for one three person family?

december 3rd, my amazing father-in-law died of lung cancer. not three weeks later, our daughter lucia died. we have been mourning for these losses, and now, i wake up to read that my grandmother, adela estrada lamboglia has died. hopefully, my mother was with her in a hospital in la chorrera, panama. she took a flight to be with her on friday. she left such a legacy on this earth--12 children, 49 grandchildren, 60 great-grandchildren and many more great great grandchildren...as my beautiful husband said, she left a big footprint by leaving so many little ones. i wish i could be with my family. there is a ritual for mourning this death. as they say, dios te bendiga, abuelita.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Angie, I am so sorry to learn of your abuela's passing. I pray for all of the loved ones you have lost, and for you and your family to find peace being the ones left behind here in this life. Much love, Jewels

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear of your precious abuela's passing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Te acompano en tu dolor. Wishing you peace and courage.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?