Friday, April 17, 2009

Sisterhood



Sarah at Little Dale III nominated me for the "Sisterhood Award". She said blushable things about the way our blogs help her. Sarah, thank you so much...sorry it's taken me a few days to put it up.

Here are the rules after nomination: Put the logo on your blog or post. Nominate at least 10 blogs with great attitude and/or gratitude. Be sure to link to your nominees in your post. Let your nominees know they have received the award by leaving them a comment on their blog. Be sure to link this post to the person who nominated you for the award.

I am so moved by this community on a day to day basis. Truly, these blogs give me strength, a laugh, insight, love...these blogs give me permission to be angry, sad, happy, confused, mopey, funny, human. I read every blog on my blog list, as well as some more, and I learn something from every one of them. They would all be nominated if I had the time or gumption, but I'm sticking to the ten. Thank you.

And my nominations are...drumroll please:

1. Ezra's Space is one of the first babylost blogs I read...spiritual, insightful, kind, Ezra's mama is a gift to this community. Thank you, Sarah.

2. Love Reign Over Me is an amazing blog. If I believed in angels, it would be because of Christian's mama Carly. Thank you, Carly.

3. Unlucky Lottery is beautifully written by Colden's mama, Molly. Without Molly, I do not know where I would be, but it wouldn't be pretty. Molly, thank you for being such a good friend.

4. Life Without my Baby written by Lev's mama, Aliza. Aliza's writing is so raw, beautiful, deep, very very true. I learn something new from her almost every post. She is one of the most honest people I know. Thank you, Aliza

5. Tuesday's Hope, Sally, Hope's mama, not only writes beautifully complicated posts about her day to day, her comments on everyone's blogs show her loving support to everyone in this community. Thank you, love.

6. Ferdinand's Gifts is a blog I have read for a long time. Ferdinand's mama, Janis, is a beautiful writer. I am frequently moved by her words. I see she has been nominated already, hope that doesn't violate the spirit of this...still, thank you, Janis.

7. Elm City Dad is an amazing blog, as y'all know. Lani and Chris, Silas's parents, write beautifully as well as deeply, passionately, honestly. It is inspiring. Thank you both.

8. Burble makes me laugh until I snort sometimes, and other times I get all teary. George's mama, Barbara, thank you.

9. Awful by Functioning makes me laugh too. A lot. Often. Maddie's Mama is an awesome writer, insightful, biting, funny...plus, she is a homegirl. (Philly, hollah.) Thank you, Tash.

10. Freyja Ione + Kees Henry is the heartbreaking blog of their mama, Mirne. Her blog is new to the scene, but I am already learning so much in the short time she has written. Thank you, Mirne.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Angie, thank you! and right back at ya! I can't even put into words what your friendship means to me. Much love, Mol

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw... angie. thank you!!
    I love how you acknowledge every mama with her baby's name. You are just the sweetest. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much for your kind words Angie.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?